Not exactly a Typhoon....

383awdblazer

New member
I have a '94 Bravada that I have a 350 and an 2wd 80e trans to go into it. I know I have to make the 80e a 4wd output but I have a question about the TC.

It's my understanding that the 94 Bravada has the same TC as a Typhoon. Is this correct? I saw the GP on the 32 spline input for the BW4472 and thought I'd toss out this question to double check myself because I am interested in the GP on the input shaft.

I also understood that the prop shaft and drive axles are the same meaning I could buy heavy duty syty parts and they should fit my truck..?? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
 

JSM

Active member
Re: Not exactly a Typhoon....

Lots of info posted on here, search button will help you out.

There is more than just a shaft, there is an adaptor plate, crossmember, the transfer case gets moved back ~3.5" so driveshafts must be changed, shift linkage.
 

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: Not exactly a Typhoon....

PM me your phone number and I'll go through everything with you. Several parts are custom a few are off the shelf but they are all part of the kit I make. Has everything in it to make it fit. The bravada has a 4472 just like ours and it is supposed to have a 32 spline output shaft on it. If it does, that is the good one. The transfer case input shaft I do is a drop in for the 4472. Go to primegears.net/gallery (www). And look for the 4472 rebuild. It is over 110 step by step pics to take all the way through the transfer case and back again.
383awdblazer said:
I have a '94 Bravada that I have a 350 and an 2wd 80e trans to go into it. I know I have to make the 80e a 4wd output but I have a question about the TC.

It's my understanding that the 94 Bravada has the same TC as a Typhoon. Is this correct? I saw the GP on the 32 spline input for the BW4472 and thought I'd toss out this question to double check myself because I am interested in the GP on the input shaft.

I also understood that the prop shaft and drive axles are the same meaning I could buy heavy duty syty parts and they should fit my truck..?? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
 
Top