damn...and thankfully...

Boosted_GR33K

New member
I was driving home from work, when this little Skittle (SRT-4) starts weaving in and out of traffic behind me. Now, Im not one to usually pick a race...... okay, so Im always looking for a good run in good form so I slow down a bit and see if he'll catch up for the light that just turned red ahead. So I saw the obvious FMIC, hear the obnoxiously loud exhaust and BOV from this thing, and Im thinkin 'what a clown!' So I rev back to let him know Im here for business as well. 4HI engaged and ready!

Lights about to turn green and Im buildin boost. 4...5...6....watchin it creep up till the green light hits and I leave with 11PSI! I'm lighting him up like the 4th of july and Im cheesing ear to ear. Bout 30ish MPH all I hear is psssssssSSSSSSSSSSSS POFT! ppppsssSSSSSSSS POFT! commin up hard and fast! By 45mph, Im dog meat :'( I shut her down as he cuts over in front of me throwin the 4-ways on... :'( :'(

Next light comes up, Skittle flies through it and I stop. I hear a stereo booming away next to me, but think nothing of it. Then I hear "Hey! HEEEEY! guy who just lost to a 4 cylinder!' and laughter. Look over to see a 2 door 98ish grand prix GTP sitting next to me with another carload of goobers. I roll down my window, and and yell back "hey, at least I came in second..." Driver yells back "Nah...bout to be 3rd on green!" and revs on me. I think to myself "If I lose to these clowns, Im selling the truck and walking to work till spring..."

Spooling for jump....7...8...9...light turns green and I leave with 9psi in 4HI. I put about 4 trucklengths on him and slowly lift off of it at 50mph. They keep on it and motor by me and I never did see them again. Altezza taillights on the grand prix....just doesnt look right to me....idk. But the truck earned its right to stay in the driveway at least.....goram Skittles.... >.>
 

Boosted_GR33K

New member
Re: damn...and thankfully...

Sounds like you should've driven the GN today. :)

No cause then Id have just spun everywhere due to lack of traction, trans is toast so wouldnt shift right, and even if by some miracle I could keep up/beat him with the GN, no brakes so Id be going kamikazi ramming speed into whatever is in front of me. ::SIGH::
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: damn...and thankfully...

As I would say; at least you gave him a run for his money.

I had a old Dodge diesel rev on me in the Kragen pking lot. Big cloud of black smoke. Had just got the Sy running so the hood was off. Driver was actually a real nice kid. I let him take some pics. Why the heck he reved I dunno but he was proud of his ride and all the work he'd done so I let him be. Wish I was that age again, I was dumb like that once. :tup:
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: damn...and thankfully...

Damn you got passed up by 45? That hurts. The few SRT's that have beat me up was when my truck was stock and something was wrong. Although now a days there are a few running around here that run deep in to the 12's. I can't stand them.

Do you have Datamaster to see if your truck is running ok?
 

Boosted_GR33K

New member
Re: damn...and thankfully...

i have to say i sure do love to read your kills
Well thanks Pete! :)

Damn you got passed up by 45? That hurts. The few SRT's that have beat me up was when my truck was stock and something was wrong. Although now a days there are a few running around here that run deep in to the 12's. I can't stand them.

Do you have Datamaster to see if your truck is running ok?

my truck is technically a 'stockish typhoon' as in, its just a 98 jimmy with stock typhoon guts added. Front mount, boost controller and LS1 throttle body are the only real difference makers there. Just need more fuel and CFM thats all.... :/
 

BowtieLady

New member
Re: damn...and thankfully...

Some of the srt-4's are no joke kid I know has just a stage 3 mopar kit and it runs 11.76 pretty for fwd neon
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: damn...and thankfully...

Some of the srt-4's are no joke kid I know has just a stage 3 mopar kit and it runs 11.76 pretty for fwd neon

Yeah, but on the streets any stockish Typhoon(ish) should be able to keep an 11 second wrong wheel drive off longer than 45MPH, especially with an 11psi launch. My Omni will run well into the 12's if I ever get it back to the track, and there is no way I could come close to passing a stock SyTy with a good launch before 75mph.
 
Top