blazer 4x4

BMFB

Not to scale
Re: blazer 4x4

The other thing is to replace the adapter on the front diff for the prop shaft off of a bravada, as well as the prop shaft itself. You can either lock the front diff manually PR replace the pass. Tube with a bravada tube..pretty easy and a few write ups on here.

If you do this it will click a lot during turning... I cannot explain why bit its not CV axle related.
 
Re: blazer 4x4

thanks for the info, I thought modifying the axle tube only had to be done on bravado front diffs? the 4x4 diffs need to have this don as well?

so both T/c and front diff would have ot be modded or played with in order to make it full time awd?
 

Captain Morgan

Moderated User
Re: blazer 4x4

thanks for the info, I thought modifying the axle tube only had to be done on bravado front diffs? the 4x4 diffs need to have this don as well?

so both T/c and front diff would have ot be modded or played with in order to make it full time awd?

Bravada front diffs should be direct swaps, nothing should have to be done with them.
 

BMFB

Not to scale
Re: blazer 4x4

I am still using my 4x4 diff. I have taken the vacuum operated locking actuator and overriden it using a pair of vice grips. So far so good...its been in the 10's like this.
 
Re: blazer 4x4

yea ive seen your build thread definetly gets you thinking about them lil 3.8 engines ,its crazy to see how yours moves, is the block your currently using better to use then the also common S/c 3800 FWD engines?
 

BMFB

Not to scale
Re: blazer 4x4

The block is a fwd sc 3800 engine. Specifically a series II motor out of an 01 grand prix gtp. Motor work is cam, cometic head gaskets, double timing chain, zzp cam, 130# valve spings, arp head studs, metal intake gaskets. Rest is stock/never touched. The non-SC blocks are good for about 500ish hp, but the rods are alot weaker than the sc blocks. I don't know muich about the series III stuff, I hear mixed things...

I havn't had the bottom end let go yet, although I have fought a bit with the head gaskets. I blame the fact that I can't deck the block and I'm kinda going at it with fingers crossed. Still holding together though...I've never had it on a dyno so I don't know what its really doing. best mph at the track was 134.5; at 3700 pounds that means im putting down somewhere between 650-750 hp at the wheel. Assume a 25% drivetrain loss and that some serious crank hp out of a stock bottom end ($150) 3800 (135k miles when pulled out of a burned car)
 
Re: blazer 4x4

I don't know muich about the series III stuff, I hear mixed things...

Aside from a better SC (Gen5 vs Gen3 Eaton) they are identical up top (excluding drive-by-wire). The rods are weaker than the stamped version in the SeriesII too.

Sounds stout. Maybe I missed it, but is it turbo'd? My SeriesII in my Regal (FWD GS) makes around 400 on the wheels and has every possible thing done to it (Cam, StageIII heads, Gen5 swap,etc.) and makes no where near that MPH.
 
Top