Amg c43

turbodog

Donating Member
Was headed north on Midway, a silver AMG C43 was nailing it from every stoplight. I maintained position behind and waited. Farther north, traffic thinned out and fortune put us side by side at a red light. Cool. He's in the center lane of 3, I'm in the right. I look ahead and my lane is closed for construction maybe 150 yards ahead. Not so cool. Lights cycle, I give it about a 5 psi launch. I shouldn't have sweated the traffic cones. I had 5 car lengths on him when I switched lanes.

Turns out we were headed for the same place ("Monthly Musclecar" Show). I pull in and circle. He parks, so i park nose-to-nose. We get out and he gived a friendly grin and says "That Typhoon's pretty quick." (No decals at the moment, so he knew without reading it on the tailgate). I said "Good thing it was over by 45 MPH". We hung out and looked over the show cars for a while. Nice guy.
 

Treymen

Donating Member
Re: Amg c43

Even people that know the sy/ty's cant' help but mess with the little black trucks. You would think they'd know better.....Oh well, makes it even more fun....Nice kill
 

turbodog

Donating Member
Re: Amg c43

Thanks. I can see where he might have thought he had a chance... the reviews from back in the day gave it credit for high-5 sec zero-to-sixty (and it might not be stock... I didn't ask). He probably is used to romping on 'tuner imports' of a certain persuasion (inoffensive enough, I hope :) ).

I drove the Ty all over town this last weekend, and felt compelled to embarrass a few guys. I recall a Lexus sedan and a Acura SUV who were driving (in traffic) like they were NASCAR stars. I had the good fortune to be able to put them in their place... but I wouldn't call them proper kills. The AMG felt like a proper kill to me.
 

db239

TY #0863
Re: Amg c43

Saw your truck at cars and coffee but didn't get a chance to say hi. Truck looked great!!
 

dogboy

uk typhoon
Re: Amg c43

ive owned 2 ty's in the past and now have a c43 amg wagon(not sold in the US i think)
i gota admit i miss the ty and would like to have tried the 2 next to each other(merc-v-ty)
we all know that from a dig the ty is gona annihilate anything and it's the one thing that the merc is No
good at, you just can't get traction in it from a standing start even with traction control, but crap from 35-40 to 150mph it just don't stop pulling and it goes round corners!!!(except in the wet!!) lol
mike
 

turbodog

Donating Member
Re: Amg c43

Thanks, sorry I missed you. I talked to absintheisfun for a while, he said you might show. I admit, when we were talking, i thought he was referring to Daron, who (as far as I know) still lives in east Texas. So, if I sounded confused.... I was. Catch you next time 'round!

Saw your truck at cars and coffee but didn't get a chance to say hi. Truck looked great!!
 

turbodog

Donating Member
Re: Amg c43

Yah, when I told the guy I was glad it was all over by 45 MPH, I wasn't blowin' smoke up his skirt.

ive owned 2 ty's in the past and now have a c43 amg wagon(not sold in the US i think)
i gota admit i miss the ty and would like to have tried the 2 next to each other(merc-v-ty)
we all know that from a dig the ty is gona annihilate anything and it's the one thing that the merc is No
good at, you just can't get traction in it from a standing start even with traction control, but crap from 35-40 to 150mph it just don't stop pulling and it goes round corners!!!(except in the wet!!) lol
mike
 

dogboy

uk typhoon
Re: Amg c43

lol
it's a shame that i can't find a manual box to fit the amg engine as i'd like to stick it in my old sprint car
which has hidden in my garage for the last 7 years and my step daughter told me she was sad id sold the ty...which was a git as one of the main reasons id sold it was, cos they kept bitching about only 2 doors nice kill anyway...mike
 
Top