Recent content by facelessnumber

  1. facelessnumber

    Need help, think I just blew my tcase...

    Re: Need help, think I just blew my tcase... I intend to try, but I don't have really high hopes... It's a little one-man redneck shop that probably does good to keep the lights on. I could probably force the issue, but I just want it fixed without a lot of BS.
  2. facelessnumber

    Need help, think I just blew my tcase...

    Re: Need help, think I just blew my tcase... Well I think I just found myself a low-mile transfer case from a '91 Bravada for really cheap, and I won't even have to ship it! This is a good thing, 'cause I'm going to wreck if I keep driving it in the rain without AWD. I am NOT used to the...
  3. facelessnumber

    Need help, think I just blew my tcase...

    Re: Need help, think I just blew my tcase... Update: I took off the propshaft and it's acting fine. No strange noises at all, drives smooth, and of course it now feels freaktacular having to actually pay attention to wet spots in a corner. Ignoring the fluid leak... Hypothetically let's say...
  4. facelessnumber

    Need help, think I just blew my tcase...

    Re: Need help, think I just blew my tcase... Are the ones I see on Car-Part.com for $200 just cores, or are they supposed to be usable units? And can anyone confirm or offer any info on that whole 27 vs. 32 spline thing? Thanks...
  5. facelessnumber

    Need help, think I just blew my tcase...

    Re: Need help, think I just blew my tcase... Yeah, I'm not blaming the tire shop for this. People don't understand these things, and I should've looked at the tires before I ever drove it. And if I'd had any clue how much effect 1/4" of tire could have, I would have stopped immediately and...
  6. facelessnumber

    Need help, think I just blew my tcase...

    Hey, y'all. Nice board you have here. I've lurked for a while but I think this is my first post... I have a '91 Bravada with a 350. BW4472. I think I've damaged my transfer case and need some advice. Took it to a tire shop this weekend and had them change out my my wheels, but kept the...
Top