Recent content by Davemc1963

  1. D

    transmission won't shift from reverse

    Re: transmission won't shift from reverse If the truck was strapped down, they may have some how had a strap underneath and dislodged/dislocated the bracket that the shifter cable connects to, it is bolted to a couple of the sump bolts (Left hand side). Other than that, maybe the adjustment...
  2. D

    Marlboro like MoMo Steering Wheel!

    Re: Marlboro like MoMo Steering Wheel! Just looked at the address of the seller. I used to work at a small coal fired powerplant that used to share that street address. Small world. Nice wheel.
  3. D

    Exhaust Talk

    Re: Exhaust Talk I fitted the RPM SS Cat Back. The truck already had an aluminised 3" fitted to what I believe was the original muffler. It was actually a work of art how it was bent and routed over the axle. The RPM fits OK, but routes different to the one I replaced. Once fitted and...
  4. D

    Back in the Typhoon Game.

    Re: Back in the Typhoon Game. After always being a cynic of snake oil type products, a couple of years ago, I used a product called cataclean for the first time on a non syty vehicle that had borderline emissions levels. It worked and just by the smell of the tail pipe, I could tell the...
  5. D

    Typhoon Front Differential SOLD

    Re: Typhoon Front Differential Re: Typhoon Front Differential Normally yes, the exception to the rule (at least at present anyway) is buying off ebay from someone offering their global delivery service. Works out really cheap! As an example, I bought some Wiseco pistons from Summit recently...
  6. D

    Typhoon Front Differential SOLD

    Re: Typhoon Front Differential Re: Typhoon Front Differential Thanks for the reply anyway. Just looking at options at the minute. Glad you got an easy sale, hope it goes ok.
  7. D

    Typhoon Front Differential SOLD

    Re: Typhoon Front Differential Re: Typhoon Front Differential Could I ask if it had new bearings and seals fitted? Thanks
  8. D

    Turbo shaft bolt

    Re: Turbo shaft bolt Hmm, I think you might struggle getting that to re-balance. Loctite would probably have prevented it, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. The actual torque value isn't that high. I was given it from a turbo shop, but don't have it to hand because I'm at work atm, but I...
  9. D

    Turbo shaft bolt

    Re: Turbo shaft bolt If guess you mean the nut. The male thread is the end of the turbine shaft. Not having that nut tight or in your case missing, will allow the whole of the turbine shaft to thrust into the hot side housing. This will also probably allow the turbine oil ring (seal) to puke...
  10. D

    Finally had my trans rebuilt

    Re: Finally had my trans rebuilt I like you don't have the underpinning experience to know what needs to be done, only to try and digest and decipher the fact from the fiction on the interweb. I suppose like you mentioned, if experience has shown that a component (assembly in this case) has...
  11. D

    Finally had my trans rebuilt

    Re: Finally had my trans rebuilt I see a rebuild possibly in my future, but I notice you haven't listed replacing/upgrading either of the planetary carriers. Apart from the obvious cost, is there any other reason or advice given by Dana not to do this.
  12. D

    About the rattle ?

    Re: About the rattle ? I put most of my shaking down to the fact that it sits for long periods and flat spots the tyres. As it dosen't do a lot of miles either, and the tyres have hardened with age the flat spotting causes the 'shaking' you are probably describing. If I use mine 'regularly'...
  13. D

    Epsilon wheels 17 X 9.5 and 17 X 11

    Re: Epsilon wheels 17 X 9.5 and 17 X 11 I have these in gold 16" on my 87 Vette. Always wanted to find a set of 17's. Pity I'm this side of the pond, but looks like you have them gone anyway.
  14. D

    Will this work without issue???

    Re: Will this work without issue??? Not if you have your front propshaft connected (ie AWD) and want your transfer case VC to live. You need to match the overall diameters front to rear, or better still the revs per mile. This info can often be found on tire manufacturers websites.
  15. D

    battery lifespan???

    Re: battery lifespan??? My Optima red top failed earlier this year. It was the most expensive battery I have ever bought and was about five years old. This is the shortest lifespan of any battery I have had over the last 25 years. I suspect it was faulty from new, as it always seemed to...
Top